Day 11: Redeemer and Deliverer
Read Matthew 11
From Genesis through the book of Revelation the word of God speaks to us about the Lord Jesus Christ. In chapter 11 we read about God’s specific endorsement and confirmation of the Lord Jesus to John the Baptist who shows sign of doubt about the Lord. More than that we also see a dual endorsement. God also endorses John and his ministry through the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Lord, did not only highly endorse John, In verse 11 He also declared the start of a new season- a new and aggressive stance against satanic aggression, And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force”. In other words we must always position ourselves to exploit the harvest of a new season.
The Jesus rebukes those who refuse to be pleased by either John the Baptist’s or Jesus’ ministry. Such attitude amounts to the rejection of God who is the judge of all mankind. With regard to the divine judgment, The Lord implies that there are different degrees of judgment. Some will be punished more severely in the final judgment than others.
In the closing verses Jesus praises those who do receive His message and gives an invitation to all who need divine intervention to come to Him. There is indeed no better invitation than the one from God.
- The Questions of a Man of God (11:1-6)
- Receiving Prophets (11:7-15)
- Heads I Win, Tails You Lose (11:16-19)
- Judgment and Rest (11:20-30)
- Judgment on Unrepentant Cities (11:20-24)
- Rest for the Little Ones (11:25-30)
1. Pray that the Lord will answer your questions, remove every confusion and give you clarity and direction.
2. Pray for a humble, teachable and contrite heart that will always receive and do the word of God.
3. Bring all your heavy burdens before the Lord in prayer.
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begins with us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
– 1 Peter 4:17